The college program provides a way to participate in the unit without a scholarship. Programmers participate in all unit activities except summer cruise, and their tuition is not paid for. However, they can apply for a sideload scholarship after participating in the unit for a year. Applications for the college program are submitted directly to the unit.
In order to be eligible for the College Program, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be a current or accepted student at the University of Washington
- Not less than 17 years old by September 1 of year starting college and no more than 23 on December 31 of that year
- Not have reached 27th birthday by December 31 of year in which graduation and commissioning are anticipated
- Be physically and medically qualified for military service
- Be motivated to serve as a commissioned officer in the US Navy
Attn: College Program Officer
2103 NE Skagit Lane
Seattle, WA 98195-3840
- Officer Interview
- Use form below to schedule an officer interview.
- Please denote if you would like to apply for the College Program Navy Option or Marine Option in the additional information section.
- All application materials must be submitted prior to the interview, exceptions can be made for the Physical Fitness Assessment if you would like to take that at the unit immediately before or after your interview.
- Your interview request and application materials must be submitted no later than June 30th for consideration.
Officer Interview Scheduling
Interviews will only be conducted between Monday and Friday, from 8am to 4pm.
Interviews can be conducted on Zoom depending on circumstances.
Students looking to schedule an officer interview should use the form below. Please specify a preferred date, time and include any additional pertinent information. You must schedule interviews at least a week ahead of time.
LT Warner Vanos (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be the point of contact after the form is completed. Please allow at least 2 business days for processing.